Pages

Friday 10 February 2012

STV Here I Come

Next month I will be embarking on my six week field placement with Snowmobiler Television. I will be stationed in Barrie, working under their design and editing team. I am really excited for this opportunity, but I am also a tad scared. For most, six weeks is a very short amount of time, but for someone like me, who has never lived on my own, it seems like a lifetime. I will be living at a distant friends house, with him and his mother, so I guess its not like im going to be all alone. But for the first time in my life, I will be more then just a phone call away from my friends and family.

When I start to think about things from a negative perspective, I try to focus back on the experiences I will have while I am there. I will get to dip my toes into each media that STV has to offer. I will be working with everyone from producers, to editors, to designers and copywriters. I will get to witness a snow cross event that is being held by STV, which I am super excited about, since I am an extreme sports enthusiast. Also, I will have the opportunity to do work for their associated magasine and help them with social media too. 

For me, this placement will be more the just a chance to get good work experience and possibly gain a career, it will be time for personal grown and independence. I will finally gain a taste of freedom, and have the chance to see just how far I can take myself, without guidance and supervision. I just hope that my taste of freedom, isn't bitter. 


2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Carly, you will do great! You're creative mind is one to be treasured and they are more than lucky to have you.

    Hope the 6 weeks away is positive for you! I am very excited to get away to a different reality for a little while.

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly, your placement sounds like it is going to be an awesome experience. Coming from someone who has moved out and lived on my own for almost four years, it will be one of the best experiences you will have. Not only will you learn about the industry, you will learn about yourself and what it is like to live on your own. The hardest part is cooking! Good luck

    Dayna

    ReplyDelete