Pages

Thursday 19 January 2012

Finger Painting ..


My earliest memory of artistic creativity dates back to my first year of kindergarten. Back then I had no idea what artistic creativity was, or what it was going to mean for my future. Back then, I was just a kid, with a plastic plate full of primary paint colours and a blank piece of chart paper.

I’m sure the final product of that first art piece was no Picasso, but the importance of that smeared mess of paint wasn’t the look, it was the feel. The grit of the paint, the swirl of colours and most of all, the freedom. For the first time, there were no rules, no boundaries, and no right or wrong answer. From that moment on, I was hooked.

Artistic creativity defines who I am. Whether it’s the clothes I wear, the music I listen to, or the words I write. It makes me who I am, and it gives me a voice to express myself to the world. Now, I know I may not change the world with my views, or become famous with my words, but I can amuse the minds of my peers.

Today, I find myself still perusing that feeling of freedom. Fortunately, with maturity and education my tools now involve editing software, photography and IMac computers. But this blog isn’t my personal life; it’s about my views of the one industry that I feel allows me to continue finger painting, marketing and advertising.

It has allowed me to capture my creativity and turn my work into something useful and influential. My blog will discuss the things that impact my daily life as a designer, and experimenting student. I encourage you to follow along, and comment on my findings, after all, seeing things from different views is the very essence of creativity.

3 comments:

  1. Carly, your blog post really let's your passion shine through. Looking forward to a follow up blogpost letting us know more about your passion for the arts. What is your dream job, and how will you include your love for the arts within it. Great work, look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how when we are younger exploring our imagination on a daily basis and making pieces of "art" were the building blocks of our future careers in marketing and advertising. Although you feel that we are restrained by professionalism, remember that we get to push the limits of advertising and creativity with each new project we take on. We can still remain kids at heart by creating interesting ads or campaigns that stimulate the kid inside. Fantastic work though, as I was reading, childhood memories of kindergarden rushed through my mind, looking forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this post sums you up perfectly.
    You can tell your artistic passion is present in your everyday work. Having you in my group makes creative design much less stressful as I know i can rely on you.

    ReplyDelete